Sunday, March 28, 2010

Immersed in Art


I have been working away, totally immersed in ART and I couldn't be happier. This hasn't always been the case with a new show opening in less than a week. In the past, I would head into full fledged panic mode and completely shut down. Everyone would know to stay out of my way. As I sit here with two days until set up, I guess you could say, I've come a long way Baby! These days I am more aware. I recognize that nothing has meaning except for the meaning I give it and I've found a way to shut down the panicked "voice" in my head instead of just shutting down. I am learning to say "no" more often and realizing that the time I need to create is valuable and should be protected. I have also started Julia Cameron's Morning Pages again. For those of you that have never read "The Artist's Way" by this amazing woman, I recommend you do so TODAY. Writing three pages each morning has helped me to start the day clear and focused, work through challenges and maintain a positive point of view. On those days when I think that I might just skip the Morning Pages, my creativity has suffered. I think of it as clearing the clutter. By emptying my frustrations and fears on the page, my mind is free to create. And create I have, for months I have been working on a series of new pieces that I would like to share with you. And who knows, maybe a little piece of what brings me such joy will be the inspiration for something you do. Isn't creativity wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog today. We have met at the Oakville Stitchery Guild and also you were a guest artist at the Burlington Fibre Arts. I truly love your work and hope all going well ... I enjoyed reading your post regarding creativity and Julia Cameron.
    All the best,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,

    I just realized I had a comment here! Thanks for posting. Are you still with OSG and the Burlington guild?

    ReplyDelete